Wednesday 5 April 2017

Freya's "Party"Dulcie Dress

You know it's a good pattern when you've already planned out making it with all the fabrics on your shelf!


This is the new Dulcie pattern from Sewpony.  Suz was kind enough to make this one free for subscribers to her website.  I knew it was going to be a dress I wanted to make when I saw some sneak peeks on Instagram.


The pattern is simple, yet lovely in it's details.  You can have plain sleeves or slightly longer ones which fold back into a cuff, a square or rounded neckline, half a collar and large patch pockets.  It also has a lovely, full gathered skirt to add to the twirl factor.


Construction wise it all went together very quickly and smoothly.  I used the fold back sleeves and pockets on this one.  Any pattern where you don't have to set in a sleeve is a winner in my book.  


The fabric is some lovely Cotton and Steel fabric.  Freya's favourite animals are giraffes and her words when she saw this fabric was "please, please, please!" She calls it her party dress because they're holding balloons.



I knew I liked the dress when I'd finished sewing it, but I fell in love with it when Freya put it on.  She did too, and was so excited when I showed her the finished dress.  I have already cut out my second one and I think I have many fabrics on my shelf that would work beautifully with this pattern.

She's got the camera out again... 

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress! She looks so lovely in her giraffe party dress! I love it when that happens that your heart jumps up, when you see a dress on and it looks even better then you already expected!

    ReplyDelete