Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Review and Goals for next year

I'm pleased with the sewing I've done this year.  I think I've tried to do a variety of styles and a few old (and new) favourites.

I think my most worn item has been the first Louisa dress I made.  After wrangling with the zipper it fast became a very practical, yet nice looking dress.


The sewing project I was most proud of was my Fawn Lily dress with all the piping.  It was a bit of a challenge but looked great in the end.


New favourites would have to be the Lunch Box Culottes and the Fawn Lily Dress.  Both these patterns made me smile as I made them and I can definitely see many more in the future until Freya grows out of the pattern range!


Old favourites are the Playtime tunic and Geranium dress.  I had made some of these last year and are staple patterns for me.  I've already got some future ones in mind.


She's grown so much this year!! She's come such a long way and had many challenges this year but has always had a smile on her face.  I'm so proud of this girl!

Next year's goals.

I have a couple of things I'd like to challenge myself with for next year:

  • Make more seperates.  I tend to sew an abundance of dresses and I think some nice seperates would be a nice change.
  • Be braver with my fabric choices and try some different print mixing.  I tend to be quite safe and would like to mix prints up a bit more.
  • Challenge myself with some more complex patterns and details.  I seem to often choose the easier option and would like to work with more details in patterns and added extras such as piping and ribbons.
  • Finally, actually blog the things I make for myself.  I do sew for myself and quite often, and would like to be brave enough to show those efforts on here,
Wow!  I'm going to be be busy!

2 comments: