Thursday 5 June 2014

Ice-Cream Top

I love this top.  Having said that, it's not entirely perfect but I'm still pleased with it none the less.  I sewed this up last year using the Oliver and S Ice-cream top pattern.  I've always loved this pattern, and bought it as soon as if became available digitally.  I attempted it once before but struggled with joining the back to the yoke (more on this later)
I'm usually not a flowery, girly person, but after seeing so many lovely patterns on Flickr sewn up in lovely floral fabric I thought I'd give it a go.  I found this fabric in my local quilt shop, and I'm not sure what the range is now.  It's floral without being too flowery if that makes sense and I'm tempted to go back for more.
I kept the top in the one fabric instead of using contrast fabric, which can also look fantastic.  It went together pretty smoothly until it came to joining the back up.  This is the second time I've tried and yet I still can't get it to work properly.  It's still wearable, and has gotten a lot of wear, but the perfectionist in me cringes.  I think I'm going to keep practicing though until I get it right.
The top looks great on Little Miss and seems quite comfy.  It looks great with shorts or jeans.  Sorry for the poor quality  photos, they're the only ones I could find of her wearing it.  She's grown so much since then...








No comments:

Post a Comment