Sunday 4 May 2014

Nessie Top


I've been wanting to have a go at sewing with knits for a while now.  I actually had this pattern and fabric for a while but kept putting it off as I was a bit nervous about it, and now I'm wondering what all the fuss was about.  I used the CINO pattern, the Nessie Top.  It has quite a few options with different sleeves, a collar and a colour blocking option.
The fabric is an orange knit I found in Spotlight.  It's actually from quite a cute range and I think I'll be going back to buy some in the different colours.  The pattern itself was pretty easy.  I made up the simple top with three quarter length sleeves ready for autumn.
I used my walking foot and a double needle for the hems and I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The only thing which went a bit off was the join for the neckline.  I'd also convinced myself I had stretched the neckline but when I've measured the print the distance between the dots is still the same.
The pattern itself is well written and easy to follow.  It actually only took about and hour and a half to sew, just one nap time really.
Although it was a simple top I was so excited when I had finished and am no longer quite as nervous about sewing with knits, although I still think I need some more practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment